Monday, November 12, 2012

Silver Lotus flowers and 47 polymer clay feathers



Hi again,
Wow its been a busy few months what with my new post at work and the constant drive to make some of the 'good ideas' that continually pop into my head.

The inspiration for these Pardo clay feathers came from Donna Kato's Peach Feather Cane tutorial and the need to make something affordable for the Duke Street  Christmas Craft Market coming up on the 1st December. As you can see I am still working on the Peacock feathers. This batch are all going to be brooches.

I have now sent my Artist's Pallette pendants off to the Assay Office for hallmarking. I made 2 pairs of earrings to go with them.

Here is a slightly better photo of one showing the colours of the polymer clay paints. 


 
I have wanted to make a Lotus flower in silver clay for a long time. 
After looking at many photographs of lotus flowers in different positions, I made a drawing and then a paper template and carefully sculpted the dry silver clay until I was happy with it.


 
Here are some photos of the prototype for 2 batches of 3 in 2 sizes that are currently with the 'Vikings' in the Assay Office for hallmarking. 

The larger batch of 3 have had 24 carat gold  fused to the pod in the center of the Lotus flower using the Keum Boo method.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...