Monday, April 02, 2012

Kimono fabric pieces

I have been very interested in re-creating the feel of antique Kimono fabrics in polymer clay. Here are a few examples of my progress so far.
A friend at Polymer Pamper Play II (Ruth) gave me this bangle blank which was originally covered with leather which she had removed. I had already made the veneer using the peacock cane as a background and with applied flower cane and swirl slices so only had to fit it to the bracelet.




The ghostly hand is a plaster cast of my friend Angela's hand. She was impatient and wiggled her fingers in the algeanate so the ends of the plaster cast are not as good as I would have liked. Still its a good reminder of her as she now lives in Australia and this ghost of her hand lives on my bookshelf.
PS this bracelet shape is almost totally impractical unless you are Wonder Woman.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...