Monday, April 16, 2012

Apple blossom and butterflies

The apple blossom is just coming out but the butterflies have all gone home for a warm drink and some thermal leg warmers. Brrrrrrrr
This Kimono pattern veneer was lovely to do. I used the Donna Kato 'component caning' method and built the picture from its component parts. The gold Premo background lifts the picture and gives it the look of a Japanese screen.

I cut three oval shapes from the veneer but mounted the other two in portrait direction.The component canes have a gold surround which I would leave out if I do this again.
The pendants are mounted on my favourite stringing material of the moment which is the wonderfully soft silicone rubber tubing that comes from France.
You can find it here.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...