Wednesday, December 15, 2010

While you are sitting down.........?

Hi, Since LJS kindly put a link to this blog on their newsletter I thought I had better pull-my-finger-out and post some more pics. Since my argument with a glass door a couple of weeks ago I have been sitting down a lot and so have been using my spare time to make some things with my Polymer clay.

Here are some BIG polymer clay beads. Made out of my scrap clay which has been extruded and then flattened in the pasta machine and then wound around paper forms which I got from the 4D model shop in Leman street, City of  London.
The necklace hanging below is made up of several odd beads that I had left over from previous experiments. Some pinched petal beads (Lindley Haunani), some flattened 'heishi' type beads (I cant remember where I saw the tutorial for these) some square beads shaped by hand. There is a better picture of this necklace below.
Some pinched petal beads (Lindley Haunani), some flattened 'heishi' type beads (I cant remember where I saw the tutorial for these) some square beads shaped by hand.I like this and cant tell why exactly. It's kind of tribal. It's just long enough to get over your head (if you take your glasses off first) so there isn't any need to get in a tangle with clasps etc.


These bracelets make me think of heroic sculpture of the 30s. Kind of Deco. The gold and turquoise beads are made by rolling 2 colours back to back and cutting circles from the clay then folding the circles and making a hole in the fold. Its a variation on the pinched petal beads I think. They are strung together with some pressed turquoise beads I had left over

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...