Monday, November 29, 2010

LPCG meeting and my 'Show and tell' piece

Yesterday I went to the London Polymer Clay Group meeting and had lots of fun learning some new techniques and seeing what everyone else has been making. I took along this Chinese Lantern pendant seen here with the real thing. I used silver clay paste to coat a few sections of a real lantern and then fired and polished it. I mixed the right colour of Polymer clay, shaped it to look like the pod and added the silver sections to it. I opened up the seams between sections in the silver so that the colour would show through. I made a double twist silver wire loop and sank the prongs into the clay at the top. Then I baked the pendant to cure the Polymer clay. I used Premo Orange and Flourescent red clays to get the lovely orange colour. I put it on the Show-and-tell table at LPCG and the other members seemed to like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...