Friday, November 12, 2010

Malachite and silver snake necklace

Hi, I have been learing how to make things with precious metal clay for about 3 months and thought it would be a good idea to post some pictures of my work as friends and family have encouraged me to "get a move on" and make photos available for them to see.
This is a picture of a malachite cabochon from Designer Cabochons which I have encircled with a silver snake and hung on its own malachite beaded necklace with handmade PMC silver beads and also sterling silver tube beads (not shown in this pic). Silver clay is fab because you can roll it into snakes and twirl it around a straw to make a bail. I have to admit it took 3 or 4 goes before I got the snake to work and I had to reconstitute several previous attempts back into silver clay slip and homemade silver oil paste.

1 comment:

susiegb said...

Looks fab Wendy! Love the way you displayed it too ... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...