Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daisy daisy........

As children we used to go to the park and sit on the grass threading daisys into daisy chains. We would wear them as necklaces, bracelets and even crowns and make them as small gifts for our parents and each other. I want to make some silver daisy chains as a reminder of those wonderful sunny days full of the sound of buzzing bees and the scent of new mown grass.
Here is a single daisy made first in polymer clay and then made into a mould (as described in a previous post) and then created in silver. I have lots of ideas for how to use these daisys and so will make a little batch of them.
This is a simple silver tag with horizontal lines of silver clay laid onto the surface. After firing I inlaid black polymer clay and cured the clay as directed by the manufacturer. I  used Pemo Sculpey polymer clay for the inlay.

Copper clay class tomorrow so expect to see some more copper pieces here again soon. Also I have ordered a tumbler and will pick it up tomorrow from Cooksons while I am near Hatton Garden.
whoopee, a new tool to try out. I need it to work harden my pieces more than polishing. Come to think of it, the less time I spend polishing by hand the more pieces I can make right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...